Thursday, August 20, 2009

Oh, the Things You Can Think Up if Only You Try!












It was our first full day today, and we continued our discussion about how we will treat each other in our community.  4C and 4D each generated a set of norms in class, and as Smith said, these will be "things to live by" throughout our year together.  Through this process, we realized that we are able to create a much better product when we all work together.  Some examples of norms we generated are "Settle arguments with debate", "Have the Growth Mindset. Don't be afraid to ask questions or try new things", and "Live truthfully."  We believe these norms will be an excellent guide for us this year.  

We also figured out what the Thinking Jar is all about!  Now we will all be careful about saying the word "think" (I certainly gave away a lot of Starbursts today), and we have some new vocabulary words which allow us to be more specific about our own thinking.  I am eager to see the ways our language will evolve over the course of the year as we integrate these words into our vocabulary.  What thinking words are you excited to use?  

5 comments:

Christopher said...

I really believe ( I didn't use think ) that the norms are a good idea. I really like the integrity idea. I haven't gotten a starburst, but i will soon.

Austin said...

I agree with Chirs.

Austin said...

I agree with Chris.

Evans said...

I am exiced to use the words define claim,.I also agree with cris

Mac said...

I agree with Austin.