Tuesday, October 26, 2010

25 Things About Me as a Reader

It's really interesting to think about your own life as a reader. I've noticed a lot of bloggers creating these lately, so I wanted to create one of my own.  If you'd like to make a list, send it to me and I'll post it!


25 Things About Me as a Reader

1. Fiction is my favorite genre.
2. I love to read stories of people’s lives (memoirs) that teach me more about a culture or a certain way of life.
3. I can read more than one book at the same time.
4. I can’t go on a trip without a book; it just doesn’t feel right without one.
5. My absolute favorite thing to do is to wake up and read in bed, especially on a rainy day.
6. My favorite book of all time is The Prince of Tides, with a close second going to To Kill a Mockingbird.
7. When I was in fourth grade, my friend Victoria and I had a competition to see who could read the most. I read a LOT that year!
8. I loved the Nancy Drew series and the Madeleine L’Engle books. 
9. I’ll never forget reading The Giver.
10. I would much rather read alone than read aloud.
11. I love the smell of a new book.
12. I feel a sensation of joy and satisfaction when I walk into the library.
13. I deeply enjoy talking about and sharing books with others.
14. I can’t read in the car because I get carsick.
15. I can read on a beach all day as long as someone brings me food and water!
16. I get distracted by books on tape.
17. I rarely like the movie as much as the book, and often it bothers me when the movie doesn’t portray scenes or characters the way I imagined them.
18. I am deeply affected by the books I read. I often think about them for days or sometimes weeks.
19. When I can’t sleep, I turn the lights back on and read.
20. I don’t have a Kindle, and I don’t know if I would like one or not. I think I like the feel of the pages of a book too much.
21. I love to read books again and again. I enjoy pulling a book off my shelf that I’ve read before and seeing how I read it differently for the second, third time..
22. I am amazed at the way authors develop characters. I really like the little details authors add that make characters seem so real, like I know them.
23. Reading a truly beautiful books makes me want to write one.
24. I’ve never been in a book club, but I think I would really enjoy one.
25. When I read, I feel like I am whisked away to another world. 

No comments: