Tuesday, September 29, 2009

George Rodrigue Comes to PDS

George Rodrigue on Art from Courtney Humphreys on Vimeo.

This is a short clip from George Rodrigue's visit to PDS yesterday. I hope all of you learned something new about what it means to be an artist; I know I certainly did! It was amazing to hear how his Blue Dog series developed over time (he said he has been working on Blue Dogs for almost 25 years). In this clip, Mr. Rodrigue speaks about what art means to him. Watch the clip and listen for the simile he uses. What does he compare art to and why? What is art like to you?

4 comments:

rucker said...

He said art is like an illusion and a book because you can make it 3 demetional. Art is like a strory because a story has many parts just like art. Art is like a survival channle becuase it has many different challenges.

Smith said...

I love it! I never knew anyone could make art 3-D!

Smith said...

I love it! I never knew anyone could make art 3-D!

Christopher said...

Art is like you. No matter what it looks like, it still looks good to you.